Monday 23 February 2015

Double Chocolate Pistachio Brownie in a Mug = Happiness

Double Chocolate Pistachio Brownie in a Mug = Happiness

I do love a good mug cake and got onto brownie in a mug because of the delicious gooeyness of it. A little coffee shop around the corner from me always has pistachio brownies in the window and I happened to have both white and milk chocolate left over from my Valentines Triple Chocolate cookies (see previous blog). Anyway, long story short, Double Chocolate Pistachio Brownie in a Mug was born! Happy Days.   


Cake Recipe
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
Pinch salt (to activate flavours)
Generous pinch of cinnamon (to add flavour)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (yum yum)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (I think I will try this with coconut oil next time)
1/4 water

8 Pistachios
A couple of pieces of white chocolate broken up
A couple of pieces of milk chocolate broken up

An extra piece of chocolate or two to melt on top.

Method

1.      Pop it all in your mug, stir it with a fork.

2.      Pop your chocolate piece on top (I have also done this with a lovely blog of    Nutella or other chocolate or nut spread before for extra gooey yumminess).

3.      Microwave on 900W for 1min, 30 seconds. 

Try your own variations. I strongly recommend serving with a nice big dollop of ice cream!

Cake Love, Fayerie Faye x

No comments:

Post a Comment